Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

» stadium trucks
Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm by truck2552

» Last day of Indoor rsacing @ R&R's
Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

Race logistics

TeamAssociated_Kevin

Race logistics

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Sean! saw the homepage and had a question. Are you doing three 5 min qualifiers, or two 7 min this year? I thought 7 min races you ran the last half of the year worked pretty well, and actually saved time overall. With at least two new classes this year it could be a looong day lol.

Another thing, are you open to doing ifmar staggered starts for the qualifiers? Assuming the software can handle it. That first big turn wakes me up at night haha

Can't wait!
    Evolution Hobbies

Re: Race logistics

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Mr.Pesce

On Friday nights it will be two 5 min. heats and 7 min. main.

On Sunday i was going to poll racers before the season starts to see which set up to go with on Sunday.
    As you know the choice will be the 777 setup ,two 7 min. heats and 7 min. main.
    or
    three 5 min.heats and 7 min.main.
    So to answer question i have not decided yet.One suggestion was if it was over a certain amount of entries ,do the 777 setup and under that amount the 3/7 setup.I will be starting a poll here most likely the end of the month .Comments now are welcome.

Last year most guys liked the mass start over the staggered start.At this point in time i may not change that,but if enough racers want to do it i can.My program does staggerd starts.

Sean Razz
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Woah....what about a 7/7/10 (24 min)??? affraid

Everyone has 5000+mah lipo's nowadays! 5/5/5/7 is 22 min of racing, so its not really that different. That would be sick.

As far as heads up starts, we get 7-8 yahoos in 4x4's going full bore up that hill, you are better off starting in last and navigating around the flaming wrecks hahaha! My vote would be for IFMAR qualifiers and heads-up mains (obviously) but physically spaced out by a meter+ per car.
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:51 am

Kevin
    10 minute mains are possible,i am just wondering if some of the guys can handle 10 minutes .Some said 7 minutes was more than enouh,any longer would be to long.Agaim this is from the guys who were in the lead most of the race,any longer they may have lost the lead.Also you have to consider gearing issues for some guys as well,when you go to 10 minutes.
    So at this point i would have to say i will be staying with a max of seven minute races.Again i am open to change in the future.

Again staggered starts would be up to the racers.Mass starts are more entertaining.Crashes at the first corner were not so bad ,once racers got used to it.Also when some racers realized that just being fast was not always the best way to get through that corner.Common sense played a big part.

Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:17 am

Oh are you still doing bump-ups this year from b to a main? That's a great feature and makes the b really competitive. Even 2 car bumpups!
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Kevin

I may do bump up,but only one car.Still not sure yet .

Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Last question...with these 10am starts, are you grilling burgers for everyone for lunch?Smile

cheers
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Kevin

Even though its not on the top of my to do list ,i having been thinking what i can add to the food offerings here.All set with hot dogs with the steamer.Burgers and maybe french fires and chicken nuggets .I may look in to finding a used portable deep fryer,as for the burgers either a grill or a jumbo sized george forman grill.I have to look in to local health codes first,plus i have to see how much the fryer is going to cost.It may be to much for little return.

Back to racing stuff ,i will be finalizing and making decision by the end of the month ,first week in April.Like i said i will poll some of the questions on here.

Sean

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:24 am