Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

» stadium trucks
Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm by truck2552

» Last day of Indoor rsacing @ R&R's
Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

New Team Losi xxx-sct are shipping

Evolution Hobbies

New Team Losi xxx-sct are shipping

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:56 pm

I currently have two of the NEW #losb0106 Team Losi xxx-SCT rtr's coming in and should be here on Friday December 10th.They will be $239.99 ,ONE IS ALREADY SOLD .That leave's one available for the weekend.If you are interested let me know.If there is some one who wants it ,you can prepay for it to make sure you get the second one.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies

TeamAssociated_Kevin

Re: New Team Losi xxx-sct are shipping

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:38 am

Those bow-tie tires look like maybe the best set of stock tires from any manufactuer. I thought I read/heard somewhere that this was going to be all metric screws? Its definitely standard, the same as the XXX-T kit, according to the part explosion on their website.

That it comes in a BND flavor is pretty sweet. Same for the lipo-compatible ESC.

As is tho, hard to tell this apart from HPI and Team Associateds sct, all 3 are nearly identical in features. The slash is still clearly unique. Heavier, slower, but more rugged and waterproof.

And now Traxxas is offering the Slash VXL brushless right out of the box, always seem to be one-step ahead of everyone anticipating the market. I think open SCT is where it will be at next year :-)

Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Kevin
    The Bind n Drive will not be out for couple more weeks .As it is these came in about 4 days early.
    Being that this is based of the xxx chassie already screams racing.Even though i think Losi is a little late to the sct racing game.I don't even count the Strike as a racing chassie.They purely went for the racer over the basher on this one.So you can add this one in with the like of the SC-10,Blitz and Ultima sc ,that puts it in good company .With all the changes coming to the Losi line it sounds like we are in for the Losi/Team Associated battles of the past.This truck has already taken two big races in the last couple weeks,and the drivers say besides radio,tires and some minor suspension adjustments they were box stock.
    There is a good reason why these trucks don't look like a Slash ,they wanted them be known as racing trucks not bashing trucks which is what Traxxas is known for.And does very well.
    now Venom has to get moving with the Gambler.I have seen the chassie but it had no electronics in it .Looks very competitive as well.The rep said that the electronics are going to be waterproof .Wait and see.Except for the fact you can do mid motor mount that chassie ,it to looks like the sc-10 and others.

Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Oh for sure, had this Losi been out this year, it would have been my ride. But I jumped to the Slash because they had nothing at the time, and love how I can switch many spare parts between my other Traxxas cars now.
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Trucks are here!!
    I have taken look at it,and it looks like a great set-up.Even comes with the AA batteries for the radio.
    The only thing that i see most people will change is the blue Losi EC3 ESC connector to a more popular connector such as Deans or Traxxas.Besides that the body nice looking and the side number plate are held on to the body using screws with bolts instead of just double sided tape.The ESC is lipo ready.

Like i said i had two come in ,the sold one has already been picked up.So that still leaves the 0ne for sale.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    jlawjimbo

Post by jlawjimbo on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:27 pm

I was very excited to see the Losi xxx-sct design. I really was expecting to see the thing scream. I went to Maximus trophy race this past sunday and there was one there racing. The person that was driving it is one of the fastest drivers there and he had terrible luck with it! I dont think he finished a heat, it kept breaking! I really wanted one of those myself but now im not sure...not very durable!!! Im think it will be a good truck once the bugs are worked out?
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Jlawjimbo

I am sure that some racers may not have a good grip on setups for it yet.The one that i have sold already ended up being a basher for the guys son,and so far has not broken a thing .The father is going to buy one for him self but has to wait until tax refund time to get it.I am sure that like all rtr some parts could be "beefed" up but then again being a race truck it wasn't designed to be a slash-a basher.I have talked to a track owner in Texas,and his racers have had great like with them so far.That is a out door off road track that used be call Johnney cool guys,i know strange name for a track/shop.Also good reports are coming out on them on different forums.Of course i expect some people will not like it for many reason like ,they don't like how handles or this case they think it breaks to easy.Now with that said the first batch of trucks can always have something that needs to be changed or upgraded to make it better.At least this is not another "strike" type issue.The xxx-sct are new to the market it could have little issues come up ,and this would not be unusual. Just about all makers of these trucks have had issue when they first came out.Even though this truck was designed on a previous xxx chassie ,if people remember that even had issues but ended being one of the best off road chassie's you could buy.

Sean

TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 am

The Losi sct's running on carpet indoor sure seem fast to me, they are placing quite high. They look to perform very similar to the Team Associated trucks, which are currently dominating. Every car breaks, but the Losi's aren't breaking down more often than say the HPI's.

Nothing beats a Slash tho for durability Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:29 am