Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

» stadium trucks
Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm by truck2552

» Last day of Indoor rsacing @ R&R's
Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

1/4 scale lightning

RCMB

1/4 scale lightning

Post by RCMB on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:12 am

I have a lightning grand national car. All you need is radio transmitter, reciever and a battery pack for the car. It has a new unpainted body, extra tires and misc hardware and suspension parts. Well maintained and QASAC legal.I'm asking $700.00 OBO. Trying to keep in the area. If not sold in one week I will post it on Ebay.
    Fastleft

Re: 1/4 scale lightning

Post by Fastleft on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 am

RCMB wrote:I have a lightning grand national car. All you need is radio transmitter, reciever and a battery pack for the car. It has a new unpainted body, extra tires and misc hardware and suspension parts. Well maintained and QASAC legal.I'm asking $700.00 OBO. Trying to keep in the area. If not sold in one week I will post it on Ebay.
    Sure would be nice to see another local 1/4 scaler!!
    tjroux

Post by tjroux on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Only if I had 700 bones to drop!
    Fastleft

Post by Fastleft on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:36 pm

tjroux wrote:Only if I had 700 bones to drop!
    just do it!!!!! you know you should!

bllade

1/4 scale

Post by bllade on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:22 am

still have the car?
    what area are u from
    I am down near Augusta

Has the car been raced or just burning gas in parking lots?

Dave

RCMB

Post by RCMB on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Yes I still have the car.
    I'm in Caribou, The car was raced at 106 race park NH a couple of times and also in Presque Isle for a couple of seasons. It has always been maintained extreme well. I'm going to be in Bangor 20 & 27 Mar 2010. Just so you know my next step is to put it on Ebay so it would be nice to know as soon as possible. I will send some pictures to Dale he said he can post them. These are fresh i just took them minutes ago.

Oh yes I would consider any reasonable offer.

RCMB

Post by RCMB on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:40 am

The Lightning car is sold.

Marcel
    Fastleft

Post by Fastleft on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:33 am

RCMB wrote:The Lightning car is sold.

Marcel
    congrats on the sale,,,Is it still in Maine?

RCMB

Post by RCMB on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 am

No,
    No one wanted to make an offer and only 2 people showed interest after a few days I asked them what their intentions were. After their responce I posted it on Ebay and it sold within 3 hours of being post with buy now option. So I know my asking price was reasonable. It going to be sent to Maryland.

Marcel
    Fastleft

Post by Fastleft on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:30 am

RCMB wrote:No,
    No one wanted to make an offer and only 2 people showed interest after a few days I asked them what their intentions were. After their responce I posted it on Ebay and it sold within 3 hours of being post with buy now option. So I know my asking price was reasonable. It going to be sent to Maryland.

Marcel
    Sorry to hear that it left the state allthough Im glad you were able to sell it, Its so hard to get an interest in the big cars because theres just not alot of mainstream advertising on them,the magazines never cover them because the 4 or 5 mfgs of the big cars dont make enough money to afford to promote them,you know as well as I do that after you buy a car weather its used or new or whatever you are pretty much set,,the engines last forever,,seriously I have never killed a Zenoah engine and I have put ALOT of runtime on them, they actually get faster as they get older! and if somone managed to somehow kill one you can buy a brand new one for 150 bucks. If you buy a used car like what you were selling and it comes with a couple spare tires or even if the tires on it are in 50 percent of better condition then most people would not have to buy tires for 2 years!I ran a whole season at 106 Racepark in NH on 1 set of tires!! and thats a 60+mph track,,and I was very competitive. If you figure out how much run-time,,actual minutes at the transmitter in a 1/4 scale you get for your money nothing even comes close,,take 1 raceday ,figure qualifie for 5mins,,2 15 minute heats,1 15min consi or dash race then a 45 min main thats an hour and 35 minutes of actual racing time. How many regular club race days would it take to get that in any other scale of racing? anyhow this is turning into a Rant Laughing Well Marcel I wish you would have lived a little closer to us down here you could have kept the car and ran it with us at Old Cedar! I know your in Maine but I think its quicker for me to go to boston then it is to go to your house!
    RC4ME

1/4 scale

Post by RC4ME on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:58 am

I saw a couple of those big cars on the track last year and I will say they sure do look like real cars out there. and they were rubbing and banging around like a race at Unity or Oxford raceway, the cars could actually make pretty hard contact and not crash, I dont know if it was the cars or the drivers but they were fun to watch Laughing ! I just allways thought they were expensive but I never really did price one out. theres not alot of information out there on them
    Fastleft

Post by Fastleft on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:34 pm

RC4ME wrote:I saw a couple of those big cars on the track last year and I will say they sure do look like real cars out there. and they were rubbing and banging around like a race at Unity or Oxford raceway, the cars could actually make pretty hard contact and not crash, I dont know if it was the cars or the drivers but they were fun to watch Laughing ! I just allways thought they were expensive but I never really did price one out. theres not alot of information out there on them
    You would be surprised at how easy they are to drive, heres a few links with some good 1/4 scale infor:
    http://www.qsac.org/ ---------- they have a big links section also
    http://www.wcm-corp.com ----------they make nice cars
    http://www.bishopracingproducts.com/index.php ------- they sell tires and other acc
    http://www.pro1z.com/ ----------- these are VERY nice cars
    www.giantrc.us --------they sell lightning cars(like the one Marcel was selling)
    http://www.quarterscalecar.com -------another mfg
    http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=265 -------Allways good cars for sale cheap there!

RCMB

Post by RCMB on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Fast left I never said I sold my Q-scale. I sold a Q-scale I picked up on a deal. I still have my old WCM car that I have raced in New Hampshire, Michigan and Maine. So set up a big race at Old Cedar and let me know about it. I may just show up someday.

Marcel
    Fastleft

today

Post by Fastleft on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 pm

We got to try out another 1/4 scaler today along with 1/5 Baja,,who would have believed we would be running outside on a racetrack the first week of march in Maine! Danny bought a 1/4 scale WCM from one of the swap sites, got a real good deal, ready to run and run she did!! glad to hear you still have a car and we will be posting a schedule on here pretty soon for the big cars

RCMB

Post by RCMB on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Let me know if you set up a big event. If I can get arround my summer scedule(track announcer at Spud Speedway)I'll be down to race with you guys. I haven't heard from Danny in a while.

Marcel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:13 am