Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» assoc.b5m buggy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

» stadium trucks
Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm by truck2552

» Last day of Indoor rsacing @ R&R's
Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm by iceman48

» opening day date change !! at Evolution Hobbies
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 pm by Evolution Hobbies

» 2017 Race event schedule for Evolution Hobbies
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:38 pm by Evolution Hobbies

» New LOSI SCT 2.0 New Lower Price!
Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:14 am by Rex7

» THANKS TO ALL THE RACERS!
Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:57 pm by iceman48

» CHARITY RACE 4/2 @ RAY AND ROBINS
Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

Rally car coversion rear body mounts..

Tekin_Tim

Rally car coversion rear body mounts..

Post by Tekin_Tim on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:34 pm

If anyone is thinking of converting the Kalahari to the Kemora, like I just did. You will need new bumpers, body and wheels, however the rear body posts on the Kalahari are to short and for whatever reason they don't sell the longer ones that come with the Kemora. I have made a bunch of my own body posts out of plastic so if anyone would like a pair PM me and Ill give you some.
    sharkman

Re: Rally car coversion rear body mounts..

Post by sharkman on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:04 pm

You mean these

http://www.vaterrarc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=VTR211006

Tekin_Tim

Post by Tekin_Tim on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Haha ya I guess so, I thought they were to short though...
    Flyingfinn#8

Post by Flyingfinn#8 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:18 pm

I thought you couldn't modify the cars ?? By switching bodies and mounts...thats modifying

Tekin_Tim

Post by Tekin_Tim on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Not if u do a coversion. Its the same chassis..same motor. Same suspension. So if u have the kalahari..and u buy kemora bumpers front and rear. Kemora wheels and a kemora body all ur doing is converting from one spec car to the other spec car. Kalahari to Kemora or vise versa. Its a full conversion.... just like buying a Kemora instead of a Kalahari... only thing I did wrong was initially buy the wrong car (kemora is better in my opinion)... and only one that benefits from that is Ray and Robins when I bought all the coversion parts.

Tekin_Tim

Post by Tekin_Tim on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 pm

And as far as the mounts... I made mine out of plastic cloths hangers ...hardly an upgrade... but they both snapped anyway... so ill be buying stock ones tomorrow from Gene at R and R.
    Flyingfinn#8

Post by Flyingfinn#8 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:36 am

If you look at the rules..It says
    -Must use the stock body, tires, drivers, an bumpers. That comes with the kit you buy. NO parts changing.
    sharkman

Post by sharkman on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:16 am

That rule was meant so that you could not put a kalihari bumper on a kemora or kemora tires on a kalihari.  Both parts are better then their counterparts and would upgrade that car if done alone.  All kemora drivers would love that bumper on their cars and I am sure the kalihari guys would like to have the kemora tires.
    If you do what Tim is doing you have a legal vehicle whether it is one or the other all parts must be for that vehicle.  Tim decided that he liked the kemora better.   Quit trying to stir the pot.
    Flyingfinn#8

Post by Flyingfinn#8 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:40 pm

sharkman wrote:That rule was meant so that you could not put a kalihari bumper on a kemora or kemora tires on a kalihari.  Both parts are better then their counterparts and would upgrade that car if done alone.  All kemora drivers would love that bumper on their cars and I am sure the kalihari guys would like to have the kemora tires.
    If you do what Tim is doing you have a legal vehicle whether it is one or the other all parts must be for that vehicle.  Tim decided that he liked the kemora better.   Quit trying to stir the pot.
     I just read the rules  plain and simple

Tekin_Tim

Post by Tekin_Tim on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:03 am

Do u even race tues nights? Cause if you did you might understand how it works. Youd also understand that im a B main racer at best so im not exactly making moves to be better than anyone. Simply prefered the kemora more after seeing it run. Would u rather I go out and buy another entire rally car when its actually the same exact car when u swap out a few things... like the exact things I mentioned. You read the rules plain and simple alright... but at this point ur sounding like a real sour sport. Nothing I did was against any rules... thats plain and simple. Ask Ron. Jon. Gene. They all know Im not a cheater..

Tekin_Tim

Post by Tekin_Tim on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 am

I was posting this thread to help anyone doing the conversion... Im pretty sure there are a few people thinking of doing that exactly... so if Im breaking any rules by any means I will simply go back the Kalahari. See u guys Tuesday
    sharkman

Post by sharkman on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:51 am

Tim, I would not worry about it.  He is a troll who likes to stir sh$t up.  This is not the first or the last time for this individual.
    As long as every part is kemora u are legal. The rule was meant so that you could not mix the good parts of each car to make a hybrid or modded car.

legend61

Post by legend61 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:46 am

Smile  the way I see it both cars are equal!! some drivers are better than some others. the class is all about having fun!!!!!!!!!so pull up your big boy pants and drive!silent  and away we go
    sharkman

Post by sharkman on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 am

Well said Dennis!
    sharkman

Post by sharkman on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:20 am

To that thought Forest has been wheeling that kalihari just as well as any kemora out there.

iceman48

Post by iceman48 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Forest and Tim L. have been flying with the kalahari. Tim don't worry about it. It's all good! Your car is perfectly legal.
    Jimmy Mac

Post by Jimmy Mac on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Uh OH I had to replace the on off switch on my esc after my car got clobbered by a out of controll kalihari sun and smashed the switch and destroyed the inside cover. I used a novak switch soldered it in and shrinkwrapped the connection it works fine and it even mounts to the esc the same way the original switch did and a new cover is on order guess I should have just ordered a whole new esc along with a new cover because the car didnt come with a novak switch and we wouldnt want to give a certain individual more ammo to stir the pot with LOL......

PS this class is a blast please dont change anything about it keep em ALL stock right out of the box.

iceman48

Post by iceman48 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:17 pm

At R&R's they are staying stock only. The trophy race on Jan 19th ia all stock and they will be teched. They are a blast to drive a I want to keep it that way.
    Jimmy Mac

Post by Jimmy Mac on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:00 pm

That's the way to go John. I think this class is a big hit with everyone no matter skill level or their age. It is great to see such a diverse group ripping it up and having fun. The car is a blast on both dirt, carpet off or on road and oval.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm