Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Yesterday at 6:03 pm by iceman48

» assoc.b5m buggy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

» stadium trucks
Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm by truck2552

» Last day of Indoor rsacing @ R&R's
Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm by iceman48

» opening day date change !! at Evolution Hobbies
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 pm by Evolution Hobbies

» 2017 Race event schedule for Evolution Hobbies
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:38 pm by Evolution Hobbies

» New LOSI SCT 2.0 New Lower Price!
Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:14 am by Rex7

» THANKS TO ALL THE RACERS!
Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:57 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

Race for a Cure

wheres_yogi

Re: Race for a Cure

Post by wheres_yogi on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm not going to make the trip. To long of a drive just to get there and have there be a chance that the race is going to get cut short. You guys build a race track. Last time I checked a race track gets beat up regardless of what runs on it. If you didn't want to see it get used then you never should have tried to do something like this and then start cancelling classes and even have the idea of cutting the day short. You guys had the right idea just don't think the execution is how it should have been.
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 pm

An it is shame that you guy's with the Baja's. Are upset with the decision that has been made. That you would dump on this page. You guy's have no idea how much time an money has gone into trying to put this event on. VERY DISRESPECTFUL Mad .

wheres_yogi Sorry you feel that a can not understand. Sorry again.

At this time there is no plan on cutting the race short.

wheres_yogi

Post by wheres_yogi on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't have a Baja ron, I have an 1/8th scale. You say no plans but plans can always change. My point is if you were building this for the Sept event then why try to plan an event when you know the track is going to get torn up. Regardless of what runs on it, it will need work after Sunday. It's just to bad that you talked this up and now if it gets to bad you may call it early? That's not really fair to anyone that is going to run down there. What do you think 1/8th scales are going to do to it? How about the 4x4 sc trucks? They are not pulling a drag behind them to clean and fill in the ruts are they?
    sharkman

Post by sharkman on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Again reading comp is lacking. Ron clearly states that the race will not be cut short.
    Maybe people need to ask ?s instead if flapping their gums. I apologize if I offend
    Anyone but again I repeat: a lot of people expended precious time and money for a very noble and good cause.
    I actually have a good friend that is fighting cancer. He is young and has a family. I emailed him this link earlier this morning to show what we are trying to do.
    He regretfully will not be coming due to a chemo treatment that is kicking his butt.
    I wish I did not send him the link
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks sharkman I to found 2 months age that my own mother has stage 4 Cancer. So for the complaining that is going it is very upsetting.

wheres_yogi

Post by wheres_yogi on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 pm

We all have had at one point a loved one battle cancer. I never once said anything about the cause. I just don't think the plans were executed they way they should have been.
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 pm

As far as the stadium truck we have not talk yet about that. How many of you guys would want to run them?

catman

Post by catman on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 pm

cheers i would i know of4 or 5that would its one of the biggest classes at seans cheers
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Ok sorry but we just talked about it an we will not be adding Stadium truck class to the list. Hopefully is will be added to the race in Sep.
    dancingd

Post by dancingd on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Uncle Ron wrote:Ok sorry but we just talked about it an we will not be adding Stadium truck class to the list. Hopefully is will be added to the race in Sep.

Looking to find out what material is being used for the track?

airplane guy

The other side of the story

Post by airplane guy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Since I'm being referred to as the airplane guy it's appropriate I use that as my Login I guess. I wanted to post the other side of the story regarding the newly built track at the Sanford Seacoast Regional Airport. Construction of this track started over a month ago. Given the sheer size of the track along with our desire to be able to host many different classes of racing including the 1/5 scale Baja class the time required to get the job done has been huge. We would have started sooner (I wanted to start back in April) however since this is on aiport property it required approval of our plan with the FAA before construction could begin. Once I had the permission required I arranged to start having the track built and organizing work parties. Without a doubt our goal was to complete the track to be able to host this weekends race. The problem we have at hand is NOT that I secured the wrong material it's the fact we've had zero rain in this area over the past several weeks to help set the track. The material used is a clay base material but we've had to dig this material out haul it on site and then power rake the hell out of it to get the largest number of rock out of the material. This process has literally pulverized the clay almost into a powder. It's unfortunate that we've not had more favorable conditions to help set the track. We did work a section toward the backstretch of the track to create a cobble section which we watered down to test the base. Once given the chance to saturate and then dry out these sections firmed up very nicely. I'm confident if we exercise a little patience and common sense we'll have a very nice track to use in the future. I'm extremely sorry if people feel put out that some racing may be limited or cancelled this weekend. I was looking forward to the feedback so we could adjust the layout in time for another planned race the end of August and certainly the Air Meet Event in September. I can't tell you how much effort has gone into this venue and I want to perserve it's use for the long run. We have the opportunity to host an event unlike anything that's happened in this area previously. We'll be bringing "World Class" racing to New England and to spoil this effort due to lack of patience would be silly. I hope this clears up any concerns and if you have questions I'd be happy to address them. Please understand this is a very unique opportunity at hand let's make the best of it and enjoy the fruits of our labor beyond this one weekend. I'm working toward the local racing community having the use of this track well into the future. Enjoy the weekend......................Ray
    mk900rr

Post by mk900rr on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Ray,
    Nicely put on your explainations. I think once people see what you few people have built and the fact that we may be racing at this premier track for years to come, they will realize it is worth the wait. I know you guys have been working every day after work and on weekends to get this done, don't let a few disgruntled races drag you and the build team down. You have done a great job and there is a whole sheet of racers coming Sunday that will have a great day on possible the best track they will EVER race on. Just my opinion.
    Remember - we are there to have fun, raise money for a great cause, and hopefully have some healthy competition.
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 pm

like mike said its for a good cause. it sucks that all this work has been done and we are disrespected for safety issues.
    Ronbo

Post by Ronbo on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:12 am

You know the post i put up earlier started all the complaining i guess i was misinformed about the track and the safety concerns of the bajas you no ask 25 people get 25 different answers my post was only meant for one person not to offend everybody else thats been involved with this great cause some of you people John B,Ron P Know me for a long time its not how i am. As for the airplane guy i bashed earlier with the wrong info and everybody else i offended I

Truly Apologize for what i said
    sharkman

Post by sharkman on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:19 am

Weather looks good for Sunday, let's race!!

airplane guy

Post by airplane guy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:29 am

Ronbo, thank you for the follow up post. Not a problem! We're all excited to get on the new track and try out the racing lines. I'm very anxious to get some feedback so we can adjust the trouble spots. The sooner the better but we need to proceed cautiously so our efforts are not wasted. I'd also hate to have the Sanford Airport's first impression of R/C Car racing is a huge dust bowl. I'm thinking big pictures here. I've been doing a rain dance since I got home from laying down the last of the plastic piping. Enjoy!
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 am

sunday should be fun ive gotten some good give aways in. so hopefully itll all work out
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:00 am

I really wish i could make it Sunday but with a four year old and a wife that works every weekend unfortunately I probably wont be able to make it. I wish you guys the best, I hope you have a great turnout. I think what you are doing is GREAT! this is a great cause and I truly hope you guys that have put your time into this event have great success this weekend!
    mk900rr

Post by mk900rr on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:04 am

One more day. I cannot wait. We have 28 pre-registered racers. This is going to be a blast. When you get to the track look for a Papa Gino's canapy and check in there. Those that have pre-registered just need to swing by drop off your entry fee and you are good to go. I will double check Personal transponder numbers to make this as smooth as possible. See you trackside.

nomadsalt

Post by nomadsalt on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 am

Glad I checked the forum before I made the 3 hour trip down. -G-

bajammer

Post by bajammer on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Is there going to be any racing this Sunday?
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:43 pm

yes just no 5th scale.

teambarreras

Post by teambarreras on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:49 pm

What time does everything kick off tomorrow?
    mk900rr

Post by mk900rr on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Racers, There are now 30 pre-registered people. Super job. I look forward to seeing you all there. Gates open at 7:30 or 8:00. As of now if you have not registered yet wait until you get to the track tomorrow am and I will set you up. Racing at Maximus tonight and won't be home till sometime tomorrow am. See you all in Sanford and thanks in advance for your support in this RACE FOR A CURE.
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Looking forward to tomorrow. Looks like there should be a great turn out cheers . Should be a lot of fun. Remember all race need to bring there own power supply battery or generator.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:29 am